Moorpark City Transit
Moorpark City Transit bus service operates Monday through Friday, except the following city holidays:
- Christmas Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Memorial Day
- New Years Day
- Thanksgiving Day
There are two fixed routes Monday through Friday. Each route consists of a one-way loop of approximately 16 miles, with about 40 stops.
- Route 1 operates from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and circulates in a counter-clockwise loop around the city
- Route 2 operates from 6:15 a.m. to 5:54 p.m., and circulates in a clockwise loop around the city
Fares are $1 for students and adults, and free for seniors and disabled individuals.
VCTC East County Service
An Intercity express bus, the VCTC East County connects Moorpark and Moorpark College with the cities of Simi Valley and Thousand Oaks. It meets with other VCTC intercity routes, linking all Ventura County cities, the Warner Center in Canoga Park, and CSUCI.
Fares are $1.25 for students and adults, and $.60 for seniors and disabled individuals. For more information, please call 800-438-1112 or visit the Go Ventura website.
NEW VCTC EAST-WEST CONNECTOR SERVICE! (TRY IT FREE!)
Beginning Friday, November 10, 2017, VCTC will begin a new Intercity transit route. The VCTC East-West Connector will serve Simi Valley, Moorpark, Camarillo, Oxnard, and Ventura, with future plans to expand to the community of Somis. The service operates weekdays between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. VCTC is kicking off its new service by offering FREE rides November 10 - 30, 2017 during regularly scheduled hours.
The VCTC East-West Connector improves transit trip times between East and West Ventura County and provides:
- Arrivals to the Ventura County Government Center before 8:00 a.m.
- Direct service to Ventura College and Moorpark College, and connections to California University Channel Islands (CSUCI) via the Camarillo Metrolink station.
- Affordable fares: Full fare is $1.25 per trip. Reduced Fare (for Seniors 65+, persons with disabilities, and Medicare-cardholders) is only $0.60 per trip.
- FREE transfers are offered to other VCTC Intercity buses as well as local fixed-route providers such as Moorpark City Transit and Gold Coast Transit.
- Free WiFi available onboard all VCTC Intercity buses.
For schedule information, please click here.
The Ventura County Line of the regional commuter rail service goes from Ventura to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles. There are 14 Metrolink trains daily plus seven Amtrak trains that connect Moorpark to Union Station in Los Angeles and the entire Metrolink System.
Fares are by zone and vary by distance traveled. For more information, please call 800-371-5465 or visit the Metrolink website.
Amtrak provides nationwide rail service with select trips stopping in Moorpark. For fare and schedule information, please call Amtrak at 800-872-7245 or visit the Amtrak website.