Teen Advisory Group
The mission of Moorpark City Library’s Teen Advisory Group (TAG) is to assist the Library in creating engaging spaces and programs for teens, and promoting the Library to teens and the community of Moorpark. In addition to earning service hours, TAG members will develop leadership skills, gain valuable experience for job and college applications, meet new friends, and make a difference in your community.
Members will earn 1.5 hours of community service for each meeting they attend, and have the ability to sign up for other volunteer opportunities at the Library.
TAG meetings are held once a month, September through May, on the second Friday of every month from 5 – 6:30 PM.
TAG members assist with a range of activities:
- Create and plan new library programs and special events just for teens
- Create displays and decorations in the Library’s Teen Space
- Create posts for the Library’s social media
- Choose books, movies, and comics for the Library’s teen collection
- Volunteer at Library programs and events for all ages
- Assist Library staff in preparing for programs, crafts, and other events
- Other volunteer opportunities available
- Ages 13+
- Complete a Volunteer Application and a TAG Application.
- Must be able to attend mandatory orientation at one of the two dates listed below:
- Zoom: Friday, August 12 at 5 PM
- In-person: Friday, August 26 at 5 PM
- Must be able to attend at least 6 of the 9 monthly TAG meetings held during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Members must volunteer at a minimum of 1 event or program at the Library during the year.
Submit applications either in person or by email to email@example.com.
Teen Book Recommendations
Teens in grades 6-12 can write recommendations to help others find great books to read and earn community service hours! Recommendations are anonymous and will be posted on our website and other social media. Earn half an hour of service credit per recommendation.
- Grades 6-12
- You must have read the book you are recommending within the past 2 months.
- Your recommendation must be written with clear grammar and spelling.
- Your recommendation must be approved by Library staff in order to receive service credit.
Click here to fill out a recommendation form. Recommendations may be edited for clarity.