Teen Advisory Group
The mission of Moorpark City Library’s Teen Advisory Group (TAG) is to assist the Library in creating engaging spaces and programs for teens and promoting the Library to teens and the community of Moorpark. In addition to earning service hours, TAG members will develop leadership skills, gain valuable experience for job and college applications, meet new friends, and make a difference in their community.
Members earn 1.5 hours of community service for each meeting they attend and can sign up for other volunteer opportunities at the Library.
TAG meetings are held monthly, September through May, on the second Friday of every month from 5 – 6:30 PM.
TAG members assist with a range of activities:
- Create and plan new library programs and special events just for teens
- Create displays and decorations in the Library’s Teen Space
- Create posts for the Library’s social media
- Choose books, movies, and comics for the Library’s teen collection
- Volunteer at Library programs and events for all ages
- Assist Library staff in preparing for programs, crafts, and other events
- Other volunteer opportunities available
- Ages 13+
- Complete a Volunteer Application and a TAG Application.
- Must be able to attend a mandatory orientation on one of the two dates listed below:
- Zoom: Friday, August 12 at 5 PM
- In-person: Friday, August 26 at 5 PM
- Must be able to attend at least 6 of the 9 monthly TAG meetings held during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Members must volunteer at a minimum of 1 event or program at the Library during the year.