Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding May 21st Event
The City hosts free Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding events each year for Moorpark residents on Saturdays in January, May, and September. The events take place at the Moorpark Public Services Facility (627 Fitch Avenue, map) from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
2022 Event Dates:
Electronic Waste Collection
Moorpark residents have many free options to properly dispose of electronic waste. Please visit our How Do I Dispose of... Guide for lists of locations that accept various types of electronic waste year-round. You may also take electronic waste to the City’s Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding events.
Additionally, you may dispose of electronic items by taking them to your waste hauler.
Contact Waste Management at (805) 522-9400 for hours and drop-off location information
The following types of E-Waste are accepted at City events:
- Televisions (all types of screens)
- Cell Phones (including accessories)
- VCRs and DVD Players
- Fax Machines
- Video Game Consoles and Controllers
- Fluorescent Light Tubes
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs)
- Household Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, 9V)
The following items are not accepted at the City’s E-Waste events:
- No Household Hazardous Waste (disposal options)
- No Items with Refrigerants (Refrigerators, Wine Fridges, etc.)
- No Car Batteries
- No Lamp Ballasts
- No Smoke Alarms or Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Moorpark residents may bring boxes or bags of paper documents for shredding, and we will shred everything on trucks immediately, on-site, usually at no cost!
If you have any questions regarding the City’s Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding events, please E-mail or call (805) 517-6241.