Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding
|Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding|
Electronic Waste Collection
Moorpark residents have many free options to properly dispose of electronic waste. Please visit our How Do I Dispose of... Guide for lists of locations that accept various types of electronic waste year round. You may also take electronic waste to the City's Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding events.
Additionally, you may dispose of electronic items by taking them to your waste hauler.
Contact Waste Management at (805) 522-9400 for hours and drop-off location information .
The City hosts free Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding events each year for Moorpark residents on Saturdays in January, May, and September. The events take place at the Moorpark Public Services Facility (627 Fitch Avenue, map) from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The 2020 event dates are:
- Saturday, January 25, 2020
- Saturday, May 16, 2020
- Saturday, September 19, 2020
- Televisions (all types of screens)
- Cell Phones (including accessories)
- VCRs and DVD Players
- Fax Machines
- Video Game Consoles and Controllers
- Fluorescent Light Tubes
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs)
- Household Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, 9V)
- No Household Hazardous Waste (disposal options)
- No Items with Refrigerants (Refrigerators, Wine Fridges, etc.)
- No Car Batteries
- No Lamp Ballasts
- No Smoke Alarms or Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Moorpark residents may bring boxes or bags of paper documents for shredding, and we will shred everything on trucks immediately, on-site, usually at no cost!
- File Boxes: First 6 boxes free ($4.00 for each additional box)
- Grocery Bags: First 12 grocery bags free ($2.00 for each additional bag)
If you have any questions regarding the City's Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding events, please E-mail or call us at