COVID-19: For Businesses
SUBSCRIBE TO THE CITY’S M-POWERED ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEWSLETTER
The City is offering regular COVID-19 updates, free webinars, and the latest opportunities through its free M-Powered Economic Development Newsletter. Visit www.moorparkca.gov/Mpowered to view recent editions and subscribe to future editions of M-Powered.
DOCUMENTS TO HELP BUSINESSES
We’ve compiled resources to help your business through the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Information for Business Owners/Managers:
- Flyers to Post for Your Employees:
LOCAL COVID-19 RESOURCE GUIDE
We are also continuously updating the Ventura/Santa Barbara County region COVID-19 Business Resource Guide for Employers, Self-Employed, and Employees. The guide contains information on:
• For Employers and Self-Employed:
- Webinar series and recordings about resources available to help businesses
- FREE business consulting
- PPP application assistance and Loan Forgiveness assistance
- EIDL application assistance
- Unemployment benefits
- Access to business and personal financing, grants, and loans
- What businesses should be doing now to prevent the spread of COVID-19
• For Employees:
- How to apply for unemployment benefits
- Understand Disability and Paid Family Leave
- How to get tax filing extensions
- Search CalJOBS for current job openings
BUSINESS RESOURCE HOTLINE
If you would like to speak to a live person for advice, please call the Economic Development Collaborative’s Business Resource Hotline at (805) 409-9159. We are doing our best to make a live person immediately available.
UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS FOR SELF-EMPLOYED, 1099 INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, AND GIG ECONOMY WORKERS
The California Employment Development Department (EDD) launched its Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program on April 28. The program extends unemployment benefits to self-employed individuals, 1099 independent contractors, and gig economy workers (such as Uber/Lyft drivers and DoorDash/GrubHub drivers).
CURRENT COVID-19 CASES IN MOORPARK AND VENTURA COUNTY
Every afternoon, the Ventura County Public Health Department posts updated figures for the number of COVID-19 cases in Moorpark and across Ventura County at www.vcemergency.com.
CITY SERVICES IMPACTED BY COVID-19
For a full list of City services and how to access them, please visit this website.