COVID-19: City Facilities and Services
City of Moorpark Facilities Status
As we do our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus/COVID-19, all City buildings are currently closed for walk-in service. However, City staff is continuing to work and be available by phone and E-mail, and City Hall is open for appointments, Monday - Friday, 8AM - 4PM.
- Emergency Services: The Moorpark Police Department, Ventura County Fire Department, and Moorpark Public Works Department are all operational.
- Moorpark City Hall: Moorpark City Hall is open by appointment only, Mon-Fri, from 8AM - 4PM
- Call 805-517-6200 to schedule an appointment
- We still encourage people to conduct business with the City by phone/E-mail/on-line. Please check the Services Status section for options to obtain City services.
- City Hall was previously re-opened for walk-in service from June 22 - July 20, but was reverted back due to rising COVID-19 numbers.
- Moorpark City Library: The Moorpark City Library interior is currently closed, but you can browse the library’s digital collections and take advantage of our curbside pickup options for our physical collections!
- Active Adult Center:The Moorpark Active Adult Center is closed until further notice. If you are over 60 years old and are in need of a daily meal, please call the Active Adult Center at (805) 517-6261 for home delivery options.
- Public Parks:
- OPEN, subject to social distancing measures:
- Parks generally: parking lots, grassy areas, fields, restrooms
- Playgrounds (see COVID-19 Playground Rules)
- Hiking trails and walking trails
- Moorpark Dog Park
- Moorpark Skate Park
- Tennis and pickleball courts
- Basketball courts - for members of the same household only
- Sports fields at Arroyo Vista Community Park - for members of the same household only
- Sports Leagues
- OPEN, subject to social distancing measures:
- Arroyo Vista Recreation Center:
- The Arroyo Vista Recreation Center offices re-opened on June 22; however, we still encourage you to conduct business by phone or online if possible. Staff is available by phone at (805) 517-6300 from 8:30AM - 6:00PM, Monday through Friday, to answer any program or rental related questions you may have.
- All sports leagues at Arroyo Vista Community Park and Recreation Center are canceled until further notice.
- Camp Moorpark is open.
- Classes and programs are open for registration.
- We are not accepting new park or room rental applications.
City of Moorpark Services Status
City Hall phone service at (805) 517-6200 is available Monday-Friday, 8AM - 5PM.
Here is the status of City services at this time:
- Building & Safety, Planning, and Business Registrations: These services are available at City Hall by appointment only (805-517-6200 for appointments). However we encourage people to visit our Virtual Counter for options to obtain these services.
- Food Services at Active Adult Center: If you are over 60 years old and are in need of a daily meal, please call the Active Adult Center at (805) 517-6261 for home delivery options.
- Public Transit: Moorpark City Transit services are in operation. For additional information concerning COVID-19 and the City Bus, please visit the City’s Ride Guide page.
- On-line Requests for Service: You can still request services on-line, for potholes, streetlight outages, graffiti, and other maintenance items.
- Code Compliance: You may still file an on-line report at any time. City staff is responding to life/safety issues
- Animal Licenses: Animal Licensing services are available at City Hall by appointment only (805-517-6200 for appointments). Animal licensing services are also available through Ventura County Animal Services website.
- Parking Violations: Parking violations may be paid in-person at City Hall by appointment only (805-517-6200 for appointments). Parking violations may also be paid by credit card at www.parkingticketpayment.com/moorpark.
- Parking Restrictions:
- Street Sweeping: The City is not enforcing street sweeping parking restrictions at this time. Please check www.moorparkca.gov/StreetSweeping for updates.
- Permit Parking Only: The City is not enforcing permit parking only requirements at this time.
- Public Works Counter: Public Works general counter services are currently available at City Hall by appointment only (805-517-6200 for appointments).
- Encroachment Permits are also available by E-mail.
City of Moorpark Events Status
The following City major events and programs have been postponed or canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Moorpark Has Talent (March 13): Canceled. Please hold on to your Moorpark Has Talent tickets! Tickets will be required to receive a refund. All refunds will be provided in cash after our Recreation Division offices reopen. Please check back for updates.
- Haunted High Street (October 31)
- All Youth and Adult Sports Leagues: Postponed Until Further Notice