COVID-19: Information for Residents
We have compiled these resources to assist Moorpark residents through the COVID-19 pandemic. If you or a loved one require any type assistance not listed here, please call 2-1-1.
COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Information
- VENTURA COUNTY RESOURCES: The County of Ventura COVID-19 Resource List contains information on food and basic needs, utilities, childcare, mental health, and volunteer opportunities.
- PRICE GOUGING: You may report price gouging to the California Attorney General online (use "Report a Complaint" function), or by calling (800) 952-5225.
- RENT ASSISTANCE: The State of California is providing rent relief to income-eligible households with both rent and utilities, both for past due and future payments. Please visit HousingIsKey.com or call (833) 430-2122 for more information and to apply.
- MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE: If you are among those financially impacted by COVID-19, both the Federal Government and the State of California have enacted relief measures for affected homeowners who are unable to pay their mortgages.
The Federal CARES act provisions provide a right to forbearance for homeowners with federally backed mortgages, experiencing difficulties due to COVID-19.
If you do not have a federally backed mortgage, the State of California has also negotiated forbearance provisions with five major banks and over 200 local California banks for affected homeowners.
For information on how to get relief under either of these programs, please contact your mortgage loan servicer. You can also use the links provided below for more information:
Mental Health Resources
- CRISIS PHONE LINE: Call (866) 998-2243.
- CRISIS TEXT LINE: The Crisis Text Line is a 24/7, free, and confidential service. If you're feeling anxious and need someone to talk to, text SIGNS to 741741.
- SUBSTANCE ABUSE RESOURCES: View information on local substance abuse services compiled by the Ventura County Behavioral Health Division.
- SIGNS OF DISASTER-RELATED STRESS: View information from the Ventura County Behavioral Health Division.
- SIGNS OF STRESS, ANXIETY, AND DEPRESSION: View information from the Ventura County Behavioral Health Division.
- HELPING CHILDREN COPE WITH EMERGENCIES: View CDC information about helping children cope.
- LOCAL RESOURCE GUIDE: Our partners at the Economic Development Collaborative have developed a COVID-19 Business Resource Guide for Employers, Self-Employed, and Employees.
- ONWARD CALIFORNIA: The State of California has established OnwardCA.org as a one-stop resource for Californians impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CALJOBS: Visit caljobs.ca.gov to search for local employers who are currently hiring.
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GAS COMPANY: SoCalGas has set up a series of assistance programs for those having trouble paying their bills.
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON: Southern California Edison is suspending service disconnections and waiving late fees by request. More information is available at the SCE website.
- CLEAN POWER ALLIANCE: Clean Power Alliance is offering one-time bill credits to eligible residential and small business customers. More information is available at the CPA website.
Food and Drug Assistance
- SENIOR FOOD SERVICES: If you are over 60 years old and are in need of a daily meal, please call the Moorpark Active Adult Center at (805) 517-6261 for home delivery options.
- GROCERY STORES AND PHARMACIES: The City is maintaining a list of hours and special services (such as prescription delivery service) being offered by Moorpark grocery stores and pharmacies.