Adult Programs & Events
Triple P – Positive Parenting Seminars
Tuesdays, September 12, 19, & 26, from 6 – 7:30 pm
Gain tools to help you deal with problem behavior, encourage desirable behavior, grow more confident as a parent, and take care of yourself. Light refreshments will be served. This workshop is intended for parents and caregivers. Childcare is not provided. Register here
- September 12: The Power of Positive Parenting – Discover the five key principles of positive parenting that form the basis of Triple P.
- September 19: Raising Confident, Competent Children – Learn the six core building blocks to help children become confident and successful at school and beyond.
- September 26: Raising Resilient Children – Explore the six core building blocks to help children manage their feelings and become resilient in dealing with life stress.
Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month at 2 pm or 6 pm
Being creative improves your mental health by reducing stress and anxiety levels. It also gives you a sense of accomplishment and will help you meet new friends who share similar interests. This class is very popular, and registration is required. Reserve your spot in advance by clicking the links below to register or call the Library at 805-517-6370.
Book Club for Adults
Meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at 6:30 pm
Do you love to read? Want to share your thoughts and ideas with others? Join our book club for adults! To reserve your copy of the book, please call the Library. For meeting details, please email email@example.com.
- September 11: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- October 9: The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs by Katherine Howe
- November 13: The Lost Storyteller by Amanda Block
Read It & Eat It
Meetings are held on the second Saturday of the month from 2 - 3:30 pm
A cookbook club for adults who enjoy cooking and sharing food. Each club meeting features a different theme, and members prepare a tasty treat to bring to the Library and share. Registration is required, and all new members must complete a Participant Waiver before their first meeting. Click the links below to register or call the Library at 805-517-6370.
Genre Book Club
Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of the month at 6 pm
For ages 18 and over, a book club focused on reading and discussing genre fiction: sci-fi, mystery, fantasy, romance, and beyond! Copies of the book are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk. Call the Library or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Drop-ins welcome.
- August 24: The Butcher and the Wren by Alaina Urquhart (thriller)
- September 28: A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (fantasy/romance)
- October 26: Ghost Summer: Stories by Tananarive Due (horror)
- November 30: Murder Your Employer: The McMasters Guide to Homicide by Rupert Holmes (fantasy/thriller)
Local Author Showcase & Book Sale
Saturday, November 18, from 1 – 4 pm
This family-friendly event will feature talented writers from Ventura County who have written books on a wide range of topics, from fiction to non-fiction, and everything in between! You'll have the chance to chat with authors, pick up some signed copies of their books, and learn more about the writing process. Let's show our support for our local authors and celebrate the power of the written word!
Moorpark City Library is grateful to the Moorpark Friends of the Library for their generous support and sponsorship of the Local Author Showcase & Book Sale.