What are the sign standards for my Building/Business? What steps do I need to take?

With few exceptions, business signs will require the issuance of a Sign Permit or a Temporary Sign Permit.

Signs are regulated somewhat differently in various zones and Specific Plan areas, and are covered by Moorpark Municipal Code Section 17.40.  Additionally, it is recommended you contact the Planning Department to see if your sign would be required to follow specific guidelines assigned by a Master Sign Program, (frequently associated with a commercial development), or other conditions of approval associated with industrial projects. Approved sign programs are available online here.

Contact the Planning Division or the Code Compliance Division for more help on determining which regulations might apply to your sign.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I view Planning Commission agendas?
2. Do I Need a permit(s) from the Planning Department for my project?
3. What is the Zoning and General Plan designation of my property?
4. What Uses are Allowed on my Property?
5. How can I stay up to date on major projects in the City of Moorpark?
6. I Want to Operate a Business from my Home. Where do I start?
7. What type of fence/wall can I have on my property?
8. Can I build an Accessory Structure, Room Addition, Accessory Dwelling Unit, or Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit?
9. Can you provide me with my property dimensions?
10. I want to operate a business in the City. Where do I start?
11. What are the sign standards for my Building/Business? What steps do I need to take?
12. Can I have a shipping/storage container on my property?
13. What do I need to know about starting a food truck business?
14. What is a Temporary Use Permit (TUP), and do I need one?
15. How can I report illegal construction or business operation?