2022 Summer Reading Club for All Ages
June 1 - August 5
The Summer Reading Program at Moorpark City Library helps promote literacy for children by providing incentives to develop and sustain a lifelong reading habit. Research shows us that summer reading programs help children and teens retain and boost their reading skills while they are on vacation from school, provide a safe place for community members to interact with other readers, and develop enthusiasm for reading. Additionally, adult participation encourages parents to play a strong role in their child’s literacy development by reading aloud with their child and modeling good reading behaviors. On top of all that, participants have a chance to earn some really neat prizes!
How to Participate:
- Sign up! Visit moorparkca.gov/SummerLearning to register.
- Earn points and badges by logging reading minutes and taking part in activities.
- Collect prizes! To complete SRC, earn 1,000 points to get a small prize and a entry into the Grand Prize drawing for a spot at the City's Summer Camp Out and basic camping equipment for four people.
If you would like help signing up, come to the Library anytime and we will walk you through the process.
How do I earn points and badges?
The goal is to earn 1000 points by reading approximately 20 minutes a day. 1 minute of reading = 1 point. Enter the minutes you spend reading into your log and see them turn into points and badges!
You can also earn extra points and badges by completing Activities found on your Bookpoints dashboard, and finding Secret Codes. You never know where you will find a Secret Code, so be sure keep your eye out for them when checking out the Library's Facebook, Instagram, Teen Instagram, and attending Library programs.
What are the prizes?
- Every 100 points: Everyone earns a digital badge that you can see in your account.
- 500 points: Everyone earns a coupon for a free book from the Friends of the Library bookstore.
- 1000 points:
- Children's prize: Drawstring bag, water bottle, and entry into the Grand Prize drawing for a spot at the City's Summer Camp Out and basic camping equipment for four people.
- Teen prize: Portable power bank and entry into the Grand Prize drawing for a spot at the City's Summer Camp Out and basic camping equipment for four people.
- 1500 points: Earn a digital Infinity Badge and a second entry into the Grand Prize drawing!
Click on the images below to see Recommended Reading lists!
For more summer fun click the images below!
If you have a question or need help, call the Library at 805-517-6370 or email email@example.com.