Responsibilities of the City Manager
The City Manager is appointed by the City Council to implement and administer the City Council´s decisions and policy directives. The city manager has significant responsibility for the operation of the city including:
- Assisting the City Council on policy matters
- Establishing procedures for policy / program implementation
- Hiring and assigning employees
- Implementing federal and state mandates as appropriate
- Maintaining the delivery of established services within the community
- Regulating and allocating the use of resources
Additionally, the City Manager directs and coordinates the activities of the city departments through department heads. The City Manager helps the organization anticipate and adapt to change and represents the organization within the community and with other government agencies.
City Manager’s Employment Agreement
The City Manager’s Employment Agreement is published here to provide for maximum transparency.
Responsibilities of the City Manager’s Office
The City Manager’s Office also directly serves the following functions for the City, under the supervision of the Assistant City Manager:
Additionally, the City Manager’s Office is responsible for economic development, coordinating public information, legislative affairs, and intergovernmental programs.