First Time Homebuyer Workshops
The City of Moorpark will be holding two workshops (DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, BOTH WORKSHOPS ARE FULL) to inform potential first time homebuyers about one low-income affordable home available in the City. Interested buyers must attend one of these workshops, even if they have attended a previous City first time homebuyer workshop. Seating is limited. Advance reservations are required.
Pre-screening applications will be given to participants at the end of each workshop. This workshop and the subsequent application process will identify potential buyers for this home.
The available unit is a 4 bedroom/2 bathroom, approximately 1,400 sq. ft., attached single-family home in the Pardee - Waverly Place townhome community in the Moorpark Highlands area. The low-income purchase price is $220,500.
This opportunity is limited to qualifying low-income buyers only. Income limits and deed restrictions will apply. Preference will be given to City of Moorpark residents.
2017 Low-Income Limits
Number in Household
Not to Exceed
Additional Program Requirements
Please be aware of the following requirements:
- All applicants must attend a workshop.
- A $100 non-refundable application fee will be required with the pre-screening application.
- Applicants must not have previously owned a home, condominium, townhouse, mobile home, or property of any kind, or have been on title with anyone (such as being a co-signer) for the last SEVEN (7) years.
- Applicants must be able to show seasoned (3 months) savings/down payment funds of at least 3% ($6,615) of the $220,500 purchase price at the time of application submission, and have approximately 2% in additional funds at the time of escrow.
- Applicants must have good credit.
Workshops will be held on the following dates:
Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. (Check-in at 5:45 p.m. - No late arrivals) Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. (Check-in at 5:45 p.m. - No late arrivals)REGISTRATION CLOSED / NO WALK-INS ACCEPTED / AT CAPACITY
Advance reservations are required, and seating is limited. City e-mail reservation confirmation and valid picture identification will be required at check-in.
Workshops will be held at:
Moorpark City Hall Community Center
799 Moorpark Avenue
Spanish translation will be provided. Traducción al español será proporcionada en los talleres.