First Time Homebuyer Workshops
The City of Moorpark will be holding two workshops to inform potential first time home buyers about one moderate income affordable home available in the City, as well as inform potential buyers in the very low and low income categories about the program and create a priority list for future opportunities. Interested buyers must attend one of these workshops even if they have attended a previous City first time homebuyer workshop. Seating is limited. Advance reservations are required.
Moderate Income participants will learn about the program requirements and receive a pre-screening application to begin the process of qualifying to purchase the available moderate income home.
The available unit is a 4 bedroom/2 bath, 1400 sq. ft. detached single-family home in the K. Hovnanian Brighton Development. The moderate income purchase price is $393,250. Income limits and deed restrictions will apply. Preference will be given to City of Moorpark residents.
Low and Very Low participants will learn about the program and be placed on a priority list for future low or very low first time homebuyer opportunities.
Income classifications are based on gross annual income (income before tax deductions, including all bonuses, overtime, commissions, etc.) of all household members, based on family size:
Number in Household
|Very Low Income|
$56,801 - $80,650
$35,501 - $56,800
|$21,301 - $35,500|
$64,901 - $92,150
$40,601 - $64,900
|$24,351 - $40,600|
$73,001 - $103,700
$45,651 - $73,000
|$27,401 - $45,650|
$81,101 - $115,200
$50,701 - $81,100
|$30,401 - $50,700|
$87,601 - $124,400
$54,801 - $87,600
|$32,851 - $54,800|
Workshops will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. (Check-in at 5:45 p.m. - No late arrivals)
- Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. (Check-in at 5:45 p.m. - No late arrivals)
Advance reservations are required and seating is limited. Valid picture identification will be required at check-in.
Workshops will be held at: Moorpark City Hall Community Center, 799 Moorpark Avenue, Moorpark
Spanish translation will be provided. Traducción al español será proporcionada en los talleres.
Additional Program Requirements:
- All applicants must attend the workshop.
- A $100 non-refundable application fee will be required with the pre-screening application.
- Applicants must not have previously owned a home, condominium, townhouse, mobile home, property of any kind, or have been on title with anyone (such as being a co-signer) for the last SEVEN (7) years.
- Applicants must be able to show seasoned (3 months) savings/down payment funds of at least 3% of the $393,250 purchase price ($11,798).
- Applicants must have good credit.