Brainfuse - HelpNow!
Brainfuse offers online tutoring, skill-building, and test preparation for students of all ages and levels. Resource for citizenship & GED preparation, resumes, and job searches. Writing help is available in the online writing lab. Assistance is available in core K-12 subjects in English, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, and Tagalog.
California K-12 Digital Resources
California offers access to online educational content from Britannica, ProQuest, and TeachingBooks for every public K-12 student in the state. These resources provide students with a massive amount of digital information: magazines, books, scientific research, newspaper articles, photos, videos, and more. By laptop, tablet, or phone — at school, at the library, or at home — students can research, analyze and use information and media in a self-directed and student-focused way, developing both digital literacy and critical thinking skills.
These three databases are provided for all California students from the California State Library.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (PreK-12)
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each elementary, middle, or high school level.
ProQuest (Grades 3-12)
- CultureGrams: Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces worldwide. (Grades 3-12) CultureGrams Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Discoverer: A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9) SIRS Discoverer Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Issues Researcher: Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+) SIRS Issues Researcher Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary: Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content, including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+) eLibrary Guided Research Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary: Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+) eLibrary Database Edition Off-Campus Access
- ProQuest Research Companion: A self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+) Research Companion Off-Campus Access
- Schools & Educators Complete: eBook subscription database of over 13,000 titles that supports English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy, and Technology. (Grades 9+, possibly some content for Middle School, also includes professional development content for faculty)