California K-12 Digital Resources
Online content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, ProQuest research databases, and Book Connections are available—at school, at home, in libraries, on laptops, on phones—to all. These three databases are provided for all California students from the California State Library.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (PreK-12)
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each school level, elementary, middle or high.
ProQuest (Grades 3-12)
- CultureGrams: Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12) CultureGrams Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Discoverer: A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9) SIRS Discoverer Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Issues Researcher: Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+) SIRS Issues Researcher Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary: Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+) eLibrary Guided Research Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary: Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+) eLibrary Database Edition Off-Campus Access
- ProQuest Research Companion: A self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+) Research Companion Off-Campus Access
- Schools & Educators Complete: eBook subscription database of over 13,000 titles that supports English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy and Technology. (Grades 9+, possibly some content for Middle School, also includes professional development content for faculty)