COVID-19: Information for Residents
We have compiled these resources to assist Moorpark residents through the COVID-19 pandemic. If you or a loved one require any type assistance not listed here, please call 2-1-1. You may also be interested in our Stay Home Orders/Mask Guidance web page.
Free Public COVID-19 Testing in Moorpark
The Ventura County Health Care Agency is offering free drive-through testing to all Ventura County residents who have the slightest suspicion of having COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with it. You will not be charged for the test, and you don’t need to have health insurance (you may be asked for insurance information if you have it, though). No appointment is needed. You will be asked for proof of residency or employment in Ventura County.
The test is a self-administered nasal swab, and results will be available by phone within four days. The test determines if you currently have COVID-19; it is not an antibody test that determines if you have previously had COVID-19.
The Moorpark testing site is at:
Moorpark College, 7075 Campus Road
Northeast corner of campus, in the Charles Temple Observatory parking lot
Monday-Friday, 10AM - 7PM
Download the Flyer
Symptoms of COVID-19 can be:
- Cough or shortness of breath
- Fever greater than 100.4 degrees, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
Close contact means:
- Sharing a home
- Being closer than 6 feet for more than 10 minutes without wearing a mask
- Having contact with the bodily fluids (spit, blood) of the sick person through coughing, sneezing, or sharing utensils
Free Weekend COVID-19 Testing at Oxnard College
The Ventura County Health Care Agency offers free COVID-19 testing for the public on weekends at Oxnard College (4000 S. Rose Avenue). The drive-through testing is the same as described above at the Moorpark College location, with operating hours of Friday through Tuesday, 10AM - 7PM. Click here for more information.
- VENTURA COUNTY RESOURCES: The County of Ventura COVID-19 Resource List contains information on food and basic needs, utilities, childcare, mental health, and volunteer opportunities.
- PRICE GOUGING: You may report price gouging to the California Attorney General online (use "Report a Complaint" function), or by calling (800) 952-5225.
- LOCAL RESOURCE GUIDE: Our partners at the Economic Development Collaborative have developed a COVID-19 Business Resource Guide for Employers, Self-Employed, and Employees.
- ONWARD CALIFORNIA: The State of California has established OnwardCA.org as a one-stop resource for Californians impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CALJOBS: Visit caljobs.ca.gov to search for local employers who are currently hiring.
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GAS COMPANY: SoCalGas has set up a series of assistance programs for those having trouble paying their bills.
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON: Southern California Edison is suspending service disconnections and waiving late fees by request. More information is available at the SCE website.
- CLEAN POWER ALLIANCE: Clean Power Alliance is offering one-time bill credits to eligible residential and small business customers. More information is available at the CPA website.
- RENT ASSISTANCE: The County of Ventura Rental Business Assistance Program provides rental assistance to Moorpark renters who owe past-due rent because of a hardship due to COVID-19. The application period to receive grants is June 17 - July 1, with grants of up to two months of rent owed. For more information and to apply, visit www.ventura.org/rent.
- MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE: If you are among those financially impacted by COVID-19, both the Federal Government and the State of California have enacted relief measures for affected homeowners who are unable to pay their mortgages.
The Federal CARES act provisions provide a right to forbearance for homeowners with federally backed mortgages, experiencing difficulties due to COVID-19.
If you do not have a federally backed mortgage, the State of California has also negotiated forbearance provisions with five major banks and over 200 local California banks for affected homeowners.
For information on how to get relief under either of these programs, please contact your mortgage loan servicer. You can also use the links provided below for more information:
- RENTAL ASSISTANCE-:The Ventura County Pandemic Rental Assistance (VCPRA) program may provide temporary rental assistance for Ventura County residents.
- Ventura County Homeowner and Rental Assistance Information:
Food and Drug Assistance
- SENIOR FOOD SERVICES: If you are over 60 years old and are in need of a daily meal, please call the Moorpark Active Adult Center at (805) 517-6261 for home delivery options.
- GROCERY STORES and PHARMACIES: The City is maintaining a list of hours and special services (such as prescription delivery service) being offered by Moorpark grocery stores and pharmacies.