Maya, a Moorpark High School senior, is building a musical instrument lending program at the Moorpark City Library as part of her Girl Scout Gold Award project. In late summer 2022, Godard began collecting gently used and new donations of string and percussion instruments.
Ukulele's Now Available for Check-Out!
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Patron must have a Moorpark City Library card in good standing, with a current address on file and no outstanding fines of $5.00 or more.
- Borrowers must be 14 years or older.
- Parents or legal guardians may check out musical instruments for children under 14.
- Musical Instruments can only be checked out from and returned to the Moorpark City Library Circulation Desk. Do not use bookdrops.
- Only one instrument may be checked out per card.
- Musical instruments are checked out for six weeks with your library card and can not be renewed.
How do I check out a musical instrument?
- The Moorpark City Library currently has seven ukuleles available for checkout. Please check the catalog or call the Library at 805-517-6370, to see if a ukulele is available and/or place one on hold.
- Concert and soprano ukuleles are available.
- Each ukulele comes with a carrying case, instrument, and instruction booklet.
- More musical instruments coming soon.
How do I return a musical instrument?
- Please return musical instruments inside the Moorpark City Library to staff at the Circulation Desk.
- Do not use bookdrops.
Fines and Liability
- The borrower is responsible for costs associated with damage or loss of musical instruments and/or peripherals due to neglect or abuse.
- Account balances over $50.00 will be referred to a Collection Agency with a Service Fee added to the account.
- The musical instrument may not be altered in any way. This includes but is not limited to: switching the strings, adding stickers, removing hardware, etc.