- You Are Here:
- Our Community
- Government Resource Links
Government Resource Links
- California Department of General Services - Established in 1953 by the California Building Standards Law, the California Building Standards Commission (BSC) is an independent commission within the state and Consumer Services Agency. Commission members are appointed by the governor and confirmed by the state senate.
- California Department of Industrial Relations - State assistance for individuals seeking unpaid wages, unauthorized payroll deductions, and other labor law assistance.
- California Law - State constitution and statutes.
- County of Ventura - We are proud to present a county government that is accessible and responsive. You are invited to explore the many services and county programs that support and contribute to an exceptional quality of life that includes low crime rates, beautiful communities, award-winning schools, a mild, year-round climate, and a diverse, strong, and growing regional economy.
- Department of Conservation - The Department of Conservation provides services and information that promote environmental health, economic vitality, informed land-use decisions, and sound management of our state´s natural resources.
- Housing Rights Center - The Housing Rights Center is a non-profit fair housing advocacy organization helping persons secure the housing they desire and can afford, without discrimination based on their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, familial status, marital status, disability, ancestry, age, source of income, or other characteristics protected by law.
- Seguro Social Servicios E Información - * Cómodo * Seguro * Solicite beneficios de jubilación, cónyuge, o beneficios de incapacidad * Calculadoras en línea * Remplace su tarjeta de Medicare, y solicite la ayuda con los gastos de Recetas Medicas * Deposito Directo * Cambia su domicilio o teléfono, se recibe beneficios * Declaración del Seguro Social * Información sobre la tarjeta del Seguro Social * Nuestros servicios de interprete gratis * Servicios por teléfono 800-772-1213
- Social Security Online Services- Convenient and secure. You can also contact us at 800-772-1213. Online services include:
- Apply for retirement or spouse’s or disability benefits
- Change your address or phone number, if you receive benefits
- Get help understanding your Social Security Statement or request one
- Get information in 15 foreign languages
- Request a Medicare replacement card, and apply for extra help with the prescription drug program
- Sign up for email updates
- Sign up or change your direct deposit
- Use our benefit planners and calculators
- State of California - The official state site. A complete personalized online guide through My California. Find extensive information about:
- Emergency services
- Health care
- History and culture
- Public safety
- State directory
- United States Congress - Information includes:
- Congressional Advisory Board Reports
- Congressional Internet Sites
- Congressional Records
- The Legislative Process
- U.S. Government Internet Resources
- United States Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division - Enforces federal labor laws including overtime pay, family and medical leave, migrant and seasonal worker protections, temporary guest worker programs, and prevailing wage law.
- Ventura County Community College District - The Ventura County Community College District is a partner in the 108-campus California Community College system. The district´s three colleges offer programs in:
- Community service
- Continuing education
- Developmental programs
- General education for transfer to four-year universities
- Guidance assistance
- Occupational and vocational fields
- Providing opportunities to engage in co-curricular campus activities
- Ventura County Fire Department - Established in the Ojai Valley of California in 1924, the Ojai Fire Department grew rapidly and in 1960 became what is now known as Ventura County Fire Department. With more than 1500 firefighters and an administrative staff of 200, Ventura County´s Fire Department is one of the most innovative and progressive departments in the United States.
- Ventura County Sheriff’s Department - Our mission is to protect and serve the people of Ventura County, as well as involve them in helping us make their homes and businesses better places to live, work, and raise children. By working together, we all make Ventura County one of the safest areas in the United States.
- Ventura County Transportation Commission - The Ventura County Transportation Commission (VCTC) is a governing board of seven members responsible for keeping Ventura County moving. The commission develops and implements transportation policies, projects, funding, and priorities for projects that involve:
- Bicycling and bike paths
- Bus services
- Commuter and freight railroads
- Other transportation issues