Teen Book Recommendations
Teens in grades 6-12 can write recommendations to help others find great books to read and earn community service hours! Recommendations are anonymous and will be posted on our website and social media. Earn half an hour of service credit per recommendation.
- Grades 6-12
- You must have read the book you recommended within the past 2 months.
- Your recommendation must be written with clear grammar and spelling.
- Your recommendation must be approved by the Library staff to receive service credit.
Click here to fill out a recommendation form. Recommendations may be edited for clarity.
Teen Advisory Group
The mission of Moorpark City Library’s Teen Advisory Group (TAG) is to assist the Library in creating engaging spaces and programs for teens and promoting the Library to teens and the community of Moorpark. In addition to earning service hours, TAG members will develop leadership skills, gain valuable experience for job and college applications, meet new friends, and make a difference in their community.
Members earn 1.5 hours of community service for each meeting they attend and can sign up for other volunteer opportunities at the Library.
TAG meetings are held monthly, September through May, on the second Friday of every month from 5 – 6:30 PM.
TAG members assist with a range of activities:
- Create and plan new library programs and special events just for teens
- Create displays and decorations in the Library’s Teen Space
- Create posts for the Library’s social media
- Choose books, movies, and comics for the Library’s teen collection
- Volunteer at Library programs and events for all ages
- Assist Library staff in preparing for programs, crafts, and other events
- Other volunteer opportunities available
- Ages 13+
- Complete a Volunteer Application and a TAG Application.
- Must be able to attend at least 6 of the 9 monthly TAG meetings held during the 2023-2024 school year.
Moorpark City Library holds various special events throughout the year, both at the library and offsite. Gregarious, outgoing volunteers are needed at these events to greet the public, help small children with crafts, assist with tasks at the Library, setting up tables, chairs etc. and cleaning up after events. Teens interested in being an event volunteer can submit an application and will be part of a pool that the Library calls on when events come up. You can also apply for specific events. Shifts will range from two to five hours.
- Open to teens in grades 7-12
- Complete a Volunteer Application and submit it either in person or by email no less than 5 days prior to an event.
- You must agree to attend the full shift. Lunch will be provided for shifts longer than 3 hours.
- Summer Reading Kickoff - June 10, 2023
- Moorpark City Library Tiny Art Show - September 2023
- Moorpark Country Days - October 7, 2023
- Haunted High Street - October 31, 2023
- Holiday on High Street - December 2, 2023
- Kids Fest and Community Resource Fair